The goal of the NOAA Ocean Science Blog is to show you the actual research being conducted within NOAA’s National Centers for Coastal Ocean Science (NCCOS). This blog will give you a “behind the scenes” look at ongoing research of our oceans, coastal areas, and Great Lakes by NCCOS scientists. Through the course of the year we will explore topics related to our waters, such as technology, economy, energy and partnerships. In addition, you will be able to see postings from both our Principal Investigators (PIs) and their partners in the field. All of these discussions will be done through the lens of experiences, explanations, descriptions, and personal reflections. We hope you will enjoy these new and exciting aspects of research, as you follow our scientists as they seek to better understand the world in which we live through scientific research.
Search by Category
- TECHNOLOGY AND DATA: NOAA and Partners Deliver New Climate and Health Data Tool to Public
- NOAA Completes Ship-based mapping of the Northeast Reserves, Puerto Rico
- PARTNERSHIPS: Mapping Puerto Rico’s Marine Resources: An Interview with John Christensen, Director of the NOAA Coral Reef Conservation Program
- Vol. 2, Issue 1 – NOAA in the Caribbean Newsletter: Connecting NOAA and Partners across the Caribbean
- Puerto Rico’s Northeast Reserve: where science and management converge.