Alicia Clarke is a science writer and editor for the NCCOS‘ Center for Coastal Monitoring and Assessment (CCMA), Biogeography Branch, based in Silver Spring, Maryland. Alicia is responsible for a variety of tasks aimed a communicating the scientific outcomes produced by her colleagues in the CCMA and NOAA’s Office of Ocean and Coastal Resource Management‘s (OCRM) Coral Reef Conservation Program (CRCP). Tasks include: report production, layout and design; media relations; and newsletter production among other things. Alicia will be joining the second leg of the Nancy Foster mapping mission to help with daily blogging activities, coordinating media events and outreach activities for a newly established outreach effort termed Reef Smart: A Coral Reef Ecosystem Education Initiative.
Search by Category
- Trying To Sample After the Equinox
- Oyster Aquaculture Proposed to Combat Potomac River Pollution
- Marine Life in Gulf of Mexico Faces Multiple Challenges
- NCCOS to Use Acoustics to Better Understand Grouper and Snapper Breeding Patterns
- A New Ridge-to-Reef Study of the St. Croix East End Marine Park Supports Local Watershed Management Actions