Tim Battista is an oceanographer with NOAA’s Center for Coastal Monitoring and Assessment in Silver Spring, Maryland. His research focuses on the use of airborne, underwater, ship and space-based remote sensing technologies (multibeam sonar, LiDAR, Underwater systems, and satellite imaging) to assess the condition and distribution of marine habitats and biota in coastal marine environments. Tim has a M.S. in Oceanography from the University of Maryland at Horn Point Laboratory, and a B.S. in biology from Middlebury College.
Search by Category
- Scientists Complete a Comprehensive Biological Study of Flower Garden Banks National Marine Sanctuary
- Trying To Sample After the Equinox
- Oyster Aquaculture Proposed to Combat Potomac River Pollution
- Marine Life in Gulf of Mexico Faces Multiple Challenges
- NCCOS to Use Acoustics to Better Understand Grouper and Snapper Breeding Patterns