Tim Battista is an oceanographer with NOAA’s Center for Coastal Monitoring and Assessment in Silver Spring, Maryland. His research focuses on the use of airborne, underwater, ship and space-based remote sensing technologies (multibeam sonar, LiDAR, Underwater systems, and satellite imaging) to assess the condition and distribution of marine habitats and biota in coastal marine environments. Tim has a M.S. in Oceanography from the University of Maryland at Horn Point Laboratory, and a B.S. in biology from Middlebury College.
Search by Category
- A New Ridge-to-Reef Study of the St. Croix East End Marine Park Supports Local Watershed Management Actions
- Scientists Look at 10 Years of Data to Describe Aspects of St. John’s Coral Reefs and Fish Populations
- Gulf of Maine Sampling Cruise Continues…..
- New Research Cruise in the Gulf of Maine to Improve Red Tide Forecasting
- Research Cruise Investigates Coral Ecosystem Connectivity in the Gulf of Mexico