We encourage you to share your thoughts as they relate to the topic being discussed. The views expressed in comments reflect those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official views of National Ocean Service or the federal government.
We want to publish your comments, but we expect comments generally to be courteous and topical. Comments that do not meet our guidelines will not be approved for publishing, but they will be retained in WordPress (our blogging platform).
- Obscene, defamatory, profane or otherwise offensive or inappropriate language (this blog is rated G)
- Personal attacks or threats of any kind or offensive terms that target specific ethnic or racial groups
- Product endorsements
- Personal identification that identifies the commenter by name, etc.
- Duplicate posts
- Comments that suggest or encourage illegal, dangerous or destructive activity.
- Comments that make unsupported accusations.
- Long embedded URL strings (these disrupt the blog formatting and may cause security issues)
- Off-topic comments (and since we can’t tell which topic a comment goes under when we moderate, we mean really off topic)
- Comments that are really customer support questions (for that, please visit our agency Web site)
National Ocean Service is unable to post comments from children under the age of 13 due to the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). If you are 12 years old or younger, you may e-mail us rather than posting a comment on this blog.
We recognize that the Web knows no specific schedule of operations, and your comments are welcome at any time. However, given the need to manage federal resources, moderating and posting comments should only be expected to occur during normal business hours.